Ph.D. University of Toronto
M.S. Stony Brook University
- Cao, C.; Zhang, Z.; Amirmaleki, M.; Tam, J.; Dou, W.; Filleter, T.; Sun, Y., Local strain mapping of GO nanosheets under in-situ TEM tensile testing, Applied Materials Today, 2019, vol. 14, 102-107.
- Kim, S.; Jiang, Y.; Towell, K.; Boutilier, M.; Nayakanti, N.; Cao, C.; Chen, C.; Jacob, C., Zhao, H.; Turner, K.; Hart, A. J., Soft nanocomposite electroadhesives for digital micro- and nanotransfer printing, Science Advances, 2019, 5(10), eaax4790.
- Cao, C.; Mukherjee, S.; Howe, J.; Perovic, D.; Sun, Y.; Singh, C.V.; Filleter, T., Nonlinear fracture toughness measurement and crack propagation resistance of functionalized graphene multilayers, Science Advances, 2018, 4: eaao7202.
- Cao, C.; Mukherjee, S.; Liu, J.; Wang, B.; Amirmaleki, M.; Howe, J.H.; Perovic, D.; Sun, A.; Singh, C.V.; Sun, Y.; Filleter, T., Role of graphene in enhancing the mechanical properties of TiO2/Graphene heterostructures. Nanoscale, 2017, 11678-11684
- *Daly, M.; *Cao, C.; Sun, H.; Sun, Y.; Filleter T.; Singh C.V., Interfacial shear strength of graphene oxide films. ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (2), pp 1939–1947 (*Equal Contribution)
- Cao, C.; Daly, M.; Chen, B.; Filleter, T.; Singh, C. V.; Sun, Y., Strengthening in graphene oxide nanosheets: Bridging the gap between interplanar and intraplanar fracture. Nano Letters, 2015, 15 (10), 6528-6534.
- Cao, C.; Daly, M.; Singh, C. V.; Sun, Y.; Filleter, T., High strength measurement of monolayer graphene oxide. Carbon, 2015, 81 (0), 497-504.
- Nanomanufacturing of MEMS devices for materials characterizations in situ electron microscopy
- Experimental investigations of the mechanics of advanced materials (1D/2D materials)
- Applications of advanced materials in novel production processes
- Development of printing technologies (2D/3D)
- Design and synthesis of advanced materials-based structures
At the intersection of nanotechnology, materials science, mechanics, and manufacturing, my research aims to offer advanced materials-based solutions to challenges in everyday life by developing scalable functional material systems and production processes. Areas of interests include:
- nanomanufacturing technologies that enable novel characterization and production processes of advanced materials
- mechanics of contact between solids at micro/nano level
- structure-property relationships of advanced materials
- synthesis and assembly processes that translate nanoscale properties to large scale
- advanced manufacturing technologies that accelerate the transfer of advanced materials-based technologies to the marketplace