This panel, entitled "Social and Pedagogical Aspects of Teaching Persian to Speakers of Other Languages", showcases six out of twenty-nine chapters of The Routledge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition and Pedagogy of Persian (2020), edited by Pouneh Shabani-Jadidi.
The panel was organized and moderated by Dr. Pouneh Shabani-Jadidi, who is Senior Faculty Lecturer of the Persian Language Program at the Institute of Islamic Studies, McGill University. The event took place at 11:00-1:00 on October 30, 2020 on Zoom.
The panelists were as below:
1. Behrooz Mahmoodi-Bakhtiari, Associate Professor of Linguistics and Persian, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Tehran - Second Language Grammar
2. Zahra Hamedi Shirvan, Adjunct Professor of Linguistics, Linguistics Department and the Centre of Teaching Persian to Speakers of Other Languages, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad – The Acquisition of Persian Pragmatic Competence
3. Musa Nushi, Assistant Professor of TEFL, Shahid Beheshti University - Second Language Speaking
4. Mahinnaz Mirdehghan, Associate Professor of General and Applied Linguistics, Department of Linguistics, Shahid Beheshti University – Teaching Persian Varieties and Dialects
5. Amirreza Vakilifard, Associate Professor, Department of Teaching Persian to Speakers of Other Languages, Imam Khomeini International University – Development of a Standard Proficiency Test
6. Negar Davari Ardakani, Associate Professor, Shahid Beheshti University – Persian as a National Language and Minority Languages