Explore the internship funding opportunities offered to McGill students!
In addition to the opportunities listed below, your faculty may have funding and awards for internship and other activities. Check with your faculty's internship office!
- Enriched Educational Opportunities: need-based bursaries
- The Archie Malloch Undergraduate Internships in Public Learning
- The McGill International Experience Awards
- RBC Internship Awards
Enriched Educational Opportunities: need based bursaries
Enriched Educational Opportunities (EEOs) are high quality off-campus mobility or other experiential opportunities, and are officially recognized by your Faculty. They foster self-development and help students transition successfully to the workplace or graduate studies.
The Archie Malloch Undergraduate Internships in Public Learning
The Archie Malloch Undergraduate Internships in Public Learning were established by Janet Blachford (BA'61, MA'63) in honour of English Professor Archie Malloch to help one or more undergraduate students in any Faculty through an internship related to gaining experience related to in the cultural or entertainment sectors.
- Value: $2000 to $2500
- Duration: normally 150 hours, May to August
- Studying as a McGill undergraduate student in any faculty
- Must be returning to McGill in the fall semester following the summer internship
Students should apply through the Arts Internship Awards applications.
Contact aio [at] mcgill.ca for more information.
Application Deadline: For summer 2022, the deadline is March 20, 2022, 11:59PM
The McGill International Experience Awards
The McGill International Experience Awards (MIEA) were established in 2013 through a donation by Joseph Schull and Anna Yang. The MIEA includes the Schull Yang International Experience Award and other awards supported by other donors and matched by Joseph Schull and Anna Yang.
The MIEA provides students with the opportunity to study abroad. Students are able to participate in academic activities that can range in length from one semester to a full academic year, including internships and field research trips, and courses abroad.
The MIEA benefit students in the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and all other faculties through the Office of the Deputy Provost (Student Life and Learning). Each faculty administers its own awards; we encourage you to browse through the website and discover the different opportunities available.
RBC Internship Awards
The RBC is offering two awards: the RBC Arts Internship Award, and the RBC Internship Award.
- The RBC Arts Internship Award: to support approximately six undergraduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts participating in an Arts Internship or an Arts Research Internship over the course of the summer conducted through the Faculty of Arts Internship Program.
- The RBC Internship Award: to support approximately seven to eight undergraduate students enrolled in any degree-granting program at the University participating in an internship over the course of the summer.
Students selected for Internship Offices Network internships are automatically considered for these awards.