Note: due to the developing global situation around COVID-19, the Neuro Entrepreneurship Workshop on April 2 has been postponed, and will be rescheduled to a later date (TBA).
This is event is for researchers and students in neuroscience at McGill University. The Neuro Entrepreneurship Workshop is brought to you by HBHL and presented by NeuroTechX Services.
This workshop offers a great opportunity to learn more about the process of starting a business from ideation to launching a product.
This 3h workshop contains (1) a lecture portion, (2) a hands-on portion and (3) a networking portion.
Whether you are considering entrepreneurship or already have started your entrepreneurial journey, if you are in a neuro-related field this event is for you. Join us on April 2nd to develop your entrepreneurial mindset!
- 9:00 a.m.: Doors open
- 9:00 - 9:15 a.m.: 15 min networking
- 9:15 - 9:25 a.m.: Welcome by NeuroTechX and HBHL
- 9:30 - 10:15 a.m.: Business 101
- Value proposition, business model, market analysis, IP and Open Science, team & roles, the Art of Pitching
- 10:15 - 10:30 a.m.: Healthcare Startups
- Regulation - FDA, CE and Sante Canada
- Insurance - Who will pay for your product/solution?
- Data, data, data
- 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.: Neuroscience and Neurotechnology Market Dynamics
- How can neuroscience and neurotech become a business
- From Research to Market - some examples
- What are the current trends in neurotech?
- 10: 45 - 11:00 a.m.: Break & networking
- 11:00 - 11:40 a.m.: Breakout sessions
- 11:40 a.m. - 12:10 p.m.: Presentations from breakout teams, feedback from NeuroTechX and HBHL
- 12:10 - 12:15 p.m.: Closing remarks
- 12:15 - 12:30 p.m.: Networking