|Value||$4,500 from NSERC + min. $1,125 from Supervisor|
|Duration||16 consecutive weeks on a full-time basis|
|Deadline||Hard copies of applications must be submitted to your academic unit according to the following deadlines (deadlines are set per Faculty).
|How to Apply||Submit hard copy of online application and all supporting documents to the academic unit where you will hold the award by deadline|
|Contact||Please contact your academic unit or consult the website for the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards Program|
Please refer to the NSERC website for your eligibility requirements.
- NSERC USRA Checklist
- NSERC’s online application: Form 202 (if you do not already have a PIN, you must register first)
- Students complete Part I and attach PDF scans of official transcripts (see below)
- Supervisors complete Part II
- All components of application to be submitted in hard copy to academic unit/Faculty as per deadlines above
- Students and supervisors should consult NSERC’s Application Instructions
- McGill transcript, plus all other university-level transcripts
- For non-McGill students only: Undergraduate Research Trainee Registration form
All applicants who wish to hold an NSERC USRA at McGill must apply through the academic unit where they wish to hold the award (same academic unit as proposed supervisor). If you are currently registered at another university, you may be required to provide additional information to McGill. Proposed supervisors should hold their primary appointment at McGill University, if not, students should apply through the supervisor’s primary institution.
For non-McGill students only:
If you are a non-McGill student requesting travel expense reimbursement for your travel to/from Montreal, please submit the Visitor Claimant Signature Form - Request for Expense Reimbursement and all original travel receipts including Boarding Passes before September 15th. Payment will be processed only after all travel is completed. You may submit in person or by mail to:
Graduate Funding - Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
James Administration Building, Room 400
845 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, QC H3A 0G4