NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award
|Value||$4,500 from NSERC + min. $1,125 from Supervisor|
|Duration||16 consecutive weeks on a full-time basis|
|Deadline||Hard copies of applications must be submitted to your Academic department according to the following deadlines (deadlines are set per Faculty).
|How to Apply||Submit hard copy of online application and all supporting documents to the Academic unit where you will hold the award by deadline|
|Contact||Please contact your Academic unit or consult the website for the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards Program|
|Apply to||All applicants who wish to hold an NSERC USRA at McGill must apply through the Academic unit where they wish to hold the award (same Academic unit as proposed supervisor). If you are currently registered at another university, you may be required to provide additional information to McGill. Proposed supervisors should hold their primary appointment at McGill University, if not, students should apply through the supervisor’s primary institution.|
To be considered eligible for support you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- be registered in a Bachelor’s degree program and not hold higher degrees (may hold an award in the term immediately following the completion of all requirements of the undergraduate program, as long as she/he has not started a program of graduate studies) ;
- have obtained an overall CGPA of “B” or 3.0 (exceptions accepted only under compelling circumstances);
- have completed all course requirements of at least the first year of undergraduate studies (two academic terms); may not concurrently hold an FRSQ USRA
- NSERC’s online application: Form 202 (must register first)
- Students complete Part I and attach PDF scans of official transcripts (see below)
- Supervisors complete Part II
- All components of application to be submitted in hard copy to Academic unit/Faculty as per deadlines above
- Students and supervisors may wish to consult NSERC’s Application Instructions
- McGill transcript, plus all other postsecondary transcripts
- For non-McGill students only: Undergraduate Research Trainee Registration form
If you have been awarded the above fellowship, please see Accepting, activating, and maintaining your award.
For non-McGill students only:
If you are a non-McGill student requesting travel expense reimbursement for your travel to/from Montreal, please submit the Visitor Claimant Signature Form - Request for Expense Reimbursement and all original travel receipts before September 15th. Payment will be processed only after all travel is completed.