The Department of Family Medicine wants to promote graduate students’ voices on our website. We are proud of our students and believe that they should be showcased. You have all earned a place on our website, as we will be creating public “student profiles.”
In that spirit, we have created a video contest with awards to win!
The videos selected will be uploaded to the website to highlight your experience as students in our department.
- Submit your video to com.fammed [at] mcgill.ca
- The recommended length of the video is about 2 to 3 minutes
- You can submit your video in English or in French
Suggested content and flow:
- Introduce yourself (i.e. name, where you are from/live, how long you have been living in Montreal etc.)
- Why did you join the Department of Family Medicine?
- What do you like about family medicine and primary care?
- What have you enjoyed about the program?
- What do you like about the teaching methods offered in the Department of Family Medicine? (ex: blended learning)
- What do you like about the professors / TAs?
- What are valuable skills you acquired within the program?
- What fun activities have you done with FMGSS?
- Who are your supervisors?
- What is your research topic?
- What excites you about your research?
- If you are an international student, what kinds of support have you received?
- Other than your studies, what do you do for fun?
- What do you love about Montreal?
Here are two examples of video styles (please note these do not follow the suggested content and flow):
Students who participate will be recognized (lots of $100 gift cards to win in multiple categories)!
Please send us your video (ideally a web link) by August 31st.
We thank you for your participation.
FMED Strategic Recruitment Committee
Dr. Alayne Adams, Dr. Tracie Barnett, Dr. Tibor Schuster, Dr. Isabelle Vedel, Yasmine Elmir, and Hao Zhang.