The Cleantech Idea Pitch Competition encourages McGill students, working in teams, to propose new technologically-based ideas/solutions that solve pressing global environmental issues.
How It Works
- Students submit their Cleantech Idea before the deadline on October 2nd 2022, 11:59PM (ET)
- Top 5 ideas are selected and coaching is provided to help them develop their pitch
- Finalists pitch their idea on October 27th, 2022 during the 9th Annual John D. Thompson Entrepreneurial Development Seminar
- Top 3 pitches win cash prizes of $500, $250 and $100 plus a bonus $50 prize for audience favorite
- The Cleantech Idea Pitch Competition is open to any McGill University student team comprised of 2 to 4 members where at least one member is a currently enrolled student, undergraduate or graduate, in McGill’s Faculty of Engineering.
- Idea must be a technology that places an emphasis on environmentally friendly products, services, or practices.
- If you have already developed your solution and are beyond the idea stage (e.g. already have sales/customer transactions or have raised company funding from sources other than friends and family), then you are not eligible.
Learn more about selection, judging and pitching criteria here!