Pascaline Kengne Talla
Pascaline Talla is a dentist with a Master's degree in epidemiology and biostatistics from Université Libre de Bruxelles, a PhD in community health from Université Laval and a postdoctoral fellow in person-centered care using patient reported outcomes measures and health technologies from McGill University . She joined McGill as an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Dental Medicine and Oral Health Sciences in September 2021 and is also an Adjunct Professor at the Faculty of Dentistry at Université Laval. Her research interests include health and oral health care services: determinants, outcomes and innovation; community and patients’ engagement; digital technology in outreach and in addressing equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Evaluation of health innovations
- Digital solutions: theories, assessment, implementation
- Behaviour change
- Psychosocial and organisational theories
- Knowledge mobilization
- 2017: Support grant for the dissemination of the results of the Public Health and Best in Health Axis (SP-POS) during the research day of the Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Québec (CRCHUQ)
- 2016: Scholarship for knowledge dissemination by the Oral and Bone Health Research Network
- 2016: Canadian Institutes of Health Research Community Support Program (CITP) Scholarships
- 2019: Academic achievement honour Roll of the Faculty of Nursing of University Laval
- 2009: Grand distinction: School of Public Health / Université Libre de Bruxelles
- 1999: Honorary diploma: Université d’ Abobo-Adjamé ET Félix-Houphouet Boigny
Springmann, V., Kengne Talla, P., Markon, M.P., Lémieux, V., Veillleux C.P., Perreault, R., Cadieux, G. Pinard, M. L’impact différencié de la pandémie entre les hommes et les femmes en contexte montréalais. Le point sur la santé des montréalais en période de pandémie. Version août 2020. https://emis.santemontreal.qc.ca/fileadmin/emis/Sant%C3%A9_des_Montr%C3%A9alais/D%C3%A9terminants/conditions_sociales/Disparit%C3%A9s_hommes-femmes/Disparite-Hommes-Femmes-Covid_25_ao%C3%BBt_2020.pdf
Kengne Talla, P., Levin L., Glogauer, G., Cable, C., Allison, P. (2020). Delivering dental care as we emerge from the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic: Teledentistry and face-to-face consultations in a new clinical world. Quintessence Int 51 (8) : 672-677
Kengne Talla, P., Dawson, A., Gagnon, M.-P., & Croteau, J. (2018). Applying a theory-based approach to identify determinants of dentists' intention to adopt Canadian smoking cessation clinical guidelines in Quebec A pilot study. Eur J Pers Cent Healthcare 6(4): 593-609.
Kengne Talla, P., Gagnon, M.-P., & Dawson, A. (2017). Development and testing of a questionnaire exploring dentists' intention to use clinical practice guidelines on smoking cessation in Quebec: A mixed methods study. Int J Dent Health Sciences, 4(2), 289-304.
P. Kengne Talla, MP. Gagnon, A. Dawson. Environmental Factors Influencing Adoption of Canadian Guidelines on Smoking Cessation in Dental Healthcare Settings in Quebec: A Qualitative Study of Dentists' Perspectives. Dent. J. 2016, 4, 40; 1-14 doi:10.3390/dj4040040
Gagnon MP; Ghandour EK; Kengne Talla P, Simonyan D, Godin G, Labrecque M, Ouimet M, Rousseau M. Electronic Health Record Acceptance by Physicians: Testing an Integrated Theoretical Model. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2014, 48, 17-27.
Kengne Talla P, Dramaix M, Leveque A, Gagnon MP. Barriers to dental visits in Belgium: A secondary analysis of the 2004 National Health Interview Survey. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 2013;73(1):3240.