1. Official transcripts of all previous university education
Academic records from all previous university-level education (including exchange or study-abroad sessions) are required as part of the supporting documents of your application.* An unofficial copy of each transcript can be uploaded at the time of application.
All applicants must be ready to provide an official transcript if one is requested.
Unofficial copies of transcripts must include the following information:
- name of the University
- name and type of program
- student's name
- categorical and numerical grades, credits, semesters
*Narrative transcripts are not acceptable.
Important: Our Admissions Office reserves the right to require official academic records at any time during the admissions process, and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between unofficial and official record(s) are found. Official transcripts sent to McGill University become the property of the University and will not be returned or forwarded to other institutions.
2. Three reference letters
- Your application must include a total of three reference letters, even if you are applying to multiple sites, including:
- Dean’s letter from your dental school
- Two letters of reference from dental professors (referees) who are familiar with your academic ability and who have agreed to provide references
- When you are completing your application, you will be asked to submit your referees’ emails; referees will then be contacted directly via an automated email to upload their letter
4. Personal statement
A personal statement explaining your interest in the GPR program must be included with your application.
Applications to Montreal Children’s Hospital:
- Two separately uploaded personal statements must be included.
- 1st statement explaining your interest in the GPR program.
- 2nd statement specific to the Montreal Children’s Hospital. Your statement must be addressed to: Dr. Annie Marleau, Program Director (Department of Dentistry), 1040 Atwater Street, Montreal, QC H3Z 1X3.