Fall 2020 edition
Dates and details to be announced
- What is TechFair?
- Why should you attend?
- Eligibility & requirements
- TechFair mobile application
- Techfair volunteer registration form
- Techfair student committee
What is TechFair?
The McGill University Engineering and Technology Career Fair or “TechFair” is a collaborative effort combining the resources and expertise of the Engineering Career Centre (ECC), the Engineering Undergraduate Society (EUS) and the Computer Science Undergraduate Society (CSUS). Created in the year 2000, the TechFair aims to connect McGill students in Engineering, Computer Science and Physical Sciences with the top employers in the industry for the purposes of exploring career and/or internship opportunities.
Why should you attend?
The McGill University Engineering and Technology Career Fair provides an excellent opportunity for McGill students and recent graduates to network with industry representatives and find out about jobs and internships.
By visiting company booths, you can:
- Network with potential employers
- Investigate and research career options
- Obtain insider information from employers about key factors that can help you with your job search and give you an advantage over other candidates (Education requirements, Salary expectations, Corporate cultures, Job requirements, Industry growth, Industry trends, Skills and qualifications)
Eligibility & Requirements
The McGill TechFair is a free event and is only open to current McGill students and alumni.
To be granted access to TechFair, you must show/bring with you:
A valid McGill Student ID Card or A photo ID and McGill Student Number (for alumni without a McGill ID Card)
TechFair Mobile Application
Download the official McGill TechFair App for free!
Available now on the App Store (iOS) / Google Play (Android)
Keyword Search: “mcgill tech fair student”
Loaded with features to enhance your McGill TechFair Experience!
- Create your own profile & upload your CV
- LinkedIn Integration to help you connect with recruiters faster
- Interactive Floor Plan
- Browse through participating company profiles and find out what they’re looking for
- TechFair Tips and Sample Questions to keep your 1-on-1 conversations going
- Live Event Notifications
- NEW FEATURE: ‘Favorite’ your Top Companies so that they can view your App Profile and contact you directly during TechFair via the App or following TechFair via email!
Complete the in-App SURVEY for a chance to WIN A PRIZE!
Techfair student committee
|Nada El Mdari
Unfortunately, no. Access to the Techfair is restricted to McGill current students and alumni. Please ensure to bring your McGill ID card to be granted entry
Yes. Although the participating companies are primarily targeting engineering, computer science and physical sciences students, all McGill students are welcome to attend. Please ensure to bring your McGill ID card to be granted entry
Yes. The Techfair is open to all undergraduate and graduate students. Please ensure to bring your McGill ID card to be granted entry
Download the official McGill TechFair App, or view employer profiles on myFuture. Click here for Career Fair Tips Attend a TechFair Tips Workshop at the Engineering Career Centre.