TechFair - Fall 2021
May 17 @ 8am-September 17 @ 5pm :
ACCESS THE VIRTUAL FAIR:
October 6: VIRTUAL TECHFAIR DAY 1 (LINK TBC)
October 7: VIRTUAL TECHFAIR DAY 2 (LINK TBC)
After two very successful virtual events in Fall 2020 & Winter 2021 featuring organizations from around the globe and 1100+ students per event, the Engineering Career Centre and TechFair committee are excited to organize another virtual TechFair in Fall 2021. This event will help to connect your organization with diverse and highly talented McGill Engineering and Computer Science students.
At the live 2-day virtual event on October 6 & 7, 2021, students can participate in 1:1 mini interviews with company representatives, attend live group information sessions, and visit booths to obtain company information.
Pre-booking for 1:1 mini interview and group sessions starts on September 30 @ 8am EDT and continues until the live event.
The RSVP limit for 1:1 sessions during the pre-booking period is set at 3 (per live event day), and then will be removed on the live event days.
What is TechFair?
The McGill University Engineering and Technology Career Fair or “TechFair” is a collaborative effort combining the resources and expertise of the Engineering Career Centre (ECC), the Engineering Undergraduate Society (EUS) and the Computer Science Undergraduate Society (CSUS). Created in the year 2000, the TechFair aims to connect McGill students in Engineering, Computer Science and Physical Sciences with the top employers in the industry for the purposes of exploring career and/or internship opportunities.
Why should you attend?
The McGill University Engineering and Technology Career Fair provides an excellent opportunity for McGill students and recent graduates to network with industry representatives and find out about jobs and internships.
By visiting company booths, you can:
- Network with potential employers
- Investigate and research career options
- Obtain insider information from employers about key factors that can help you with your job search and give you an advantage over other candidates (Education requirements, Salary expectations, Corporate cultures, Job requirements, Industry growth, Industry trends, Skills and qualifications)
Eligibility & Requirements
The McGill TechFair is a free event and is only open to current McGill students and alumni.Attendees must register using their @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email, and then create a candidate profile containing contact details and CV.
TechFair student committee
Contact us via email or Facebook messenger:
- Engineering Career Centre: careers4engineers [at] mcgill.ca | ECCMcGill
- TechFair Committee: techfair.logistics [at] mcgilleus.ca | McGillTechFair
During the live event contact us via Zoom:
- October 6 (Day 1) CLICK HERE TO CONNECT VIA ZOOM (TBC)
- October 7 (Day 2) CLICK HERE TO CONNECT VIA ZOOM (TBC)
If I am not a McGill student or alumni, can I attend the TechFair? Can I attend if I am a McGill student, but not in Engineering, Computer Science or Physical Sciences?
Techfair is restricted to McGill current students and alumni. Participants are required to register using their @mail.mcgill.ca or @mcgill.ca email address.
Although the participating companies are primarily targeting engineering, computer science and physical sciences students and graduates, all McGill students and alumni are welcome to attend.
Yes. The TechFair is open to all undergraduate and graduate students.
- Take a virtual walk-through of the Eventus web platform to learn tips and best practices to set up your candidate profile and navigate the live event.
- Review our TechFair Tips workshop slides.
- Create a candidate profile which includes a CV/resume. If you don't currently have one, or if yours needs updating, check out our samples: ECC resume samples
- Research the Participating Companies
The McGill University TechFair is organized by the Engineering Career Centre, the TechFair Committee and a team of volunteer students from all departments of Engineering and the School of Computer Science.