Please note that the Department of Art History and Communication Studies is advertising Teaching Assistantship (TA) positions for Fall 2020 (202009) :
- ARTH 205 – Introduction to Modern Art (M-W, 10:05 am - 11:25am)
- ARTH 215 – Introduction to East Asian Art (cross-listed with EAST 215) (T-Th, 8:35 am - 9:55 am)
- ARTH 226 – Introduction to Eighteenth-Century Art and Architecture (W-F, 2:35 pm - 3:55 pm)
- ARTH 315 – Indigenous Art and Culture (cross-listed with CANS 315) (T-Th, 1:05 pm - 2:25 pm)
- ARTH 353 – Selected Topics in Art History 1 (T-Th, 2:35 pm - 3:55 pm)
- ARTH 354 – Selected Topics Art History 2 (M-W, 11:35 am - 12:55 pm)
- COMS 210 – Introduction to Communication Studies – 3 positions available (T-Th, 2:35 pm - 3:55 pm)
- COMS 230 – Communication and Democracy (W-F, 4:05 pm - 5:25 pm)
- COMS 301 – Core Concepts in Critical Theory (T-Th, 10:05 am - 11:25 am)
- COMS 310 – Media and Feminist Studies (M-W, 1:05 pm - 2:25 pm)
- COMS 361 – Selected Topics Communication Studies 1 (T-Th, 10:05 am - 11:25 am)
- BASC 201 – Arts & Science Integrative Topics – 4 positions available (M-W, 2:35 pm - 3:55 pm)
How to apply:
Below, you will find a copy of the twelve (12) job postings and the Graduate Student Application for Teaching Assistantship Form. Simply fill-out and submit the form. You will note that there is only space for you to enter three (3) “Courses applied for (in order of preference)” on the first page of the application form. Should you wish to apply for more than three (3) courses, please list all courses you wish to apply for in your email, in order of preference, including the three courses mentioned in your application form.
Application forms are to be submitted to Étienne Poirier (casual2-af.arts [at] mcgill.ca) and Matthew Dupuis (matthew.dupuis [at] mcgill.ca), by email.
IMPORTANT : Please write your McGill ID number in your email for there is no box provided in the application form itself.
Please note that :
- The Teaching Assistantship positions are unionized positions. They fall under the AGSEM Collective Agreement, available on line at https://mcgill.ca/hr/files/hr/agsem_tas_ending_june_30_2018_eng.pdf;
- The application deadline is Saturday, 30 May 2020;
- If you do not receive an email confirming receipt of your application, within 48 hours, please contact Étienne Poirier;
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application, within thirty-five (35) days from the application deadline - by 3 July 2020.
Important Resources for TAs
AGSEM - McGill's Teaching Support Union, for TAs and Invigilators
|Posting dates||For positions held during:||Posted by:|
|Fall Semester and Full Year courses||April 30|
|Winter Semester||October 15|
|Summer Semesters||March 1|
|Deadlines are 30 days after posting.|