Department of Art History and Communication Studies
2018-2019 Course Lecturers – Job Posting 2
The Department of Art History and Communication Studies invites applications for course lecturers to teach a graduate seminar during fall 2018.
Please note that Course Lecturers have signed their first Collective Agreement on 30 October 2015, available at http://mcliu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Collective_Agreement_MCLIU_French-English_FINAL.pdf.
Should you wish to apply for the position listed below, please email your complete application file to the following persons :
- Michèle Paquette (michele.paquette3 [at] mcgill.ca)
- Jocelyne Régnier jocelyne.regnier [at] mcgill.ca">(jocelyne.regnier [at] mcgill.ca)
Posting date : 9 July 2018
Posting period : 9 July 2018 to 11 July 2018
Application deadline : 11 July 2018
Application file :
- All candidates :
- “Appendix 11 – Application Form” (http://mcliu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ANNEXE-11_Formulaire_de_candidature–Application_form.pdf);
- Proposed course outline or sample syllabus;
- Letter of application
- If available, your student evaluations.
- For candidates who have previously taught in the Department :
- Curriculum vitae;
- International applicants: submission of Work Permit is not required, unless the Work Permit has expired.
- For new candidates :
- Curriculum vitae;
- International applicants: copy of your Work Permit.
Salary : $8,220.00
Teaching Qualification Requirements (TQRs) for Art History Courses:
- Ph.D. in Art History
- Some teaching and publishing experience in Art History - Medieval Art and Archeology is an asset.
Position available :
ARTH 645 (CRN 25741 – 3 credits) Medieval Art and Archeology
- 4 September to 3 December 2018
- Tuesdays from 2:35 p.m. to 5:25 p.m.
- Ferrier Building, Room 230
- Course description : Selected topics in medieval art history.
Important Resources for Course Lecturers
MCLIU - McGill Course Lecturers and Instructors Union
MCLIU application form (pdf)