Network and Communication Services (NCS) has set guidelines on the purchase of servers at McGill. NCS offers the following services:
- Provision of virtual servers
- Hosting of departmental servers
- Purchasing of single or multiple servers suitable for housing in the data centre or elsewhere, and installation of the basic operating system
- Storage Area Network (SAN) facilities
- A managed backup system for server class machines
For further information of their services, please visit their knowledgebase.