Note: Note: This bibliography lists only publications of general interest to university professors and researchers. Publications relating specifically to the use of radiation sources in clinical medicine are omitted.
A. Publications of the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP)
- Publication #25 (1976). The handling, storage, use and disposal of unsealed radionuclides in hospitals and medical research establishments.
- Publication #26 (1977). Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection.
- Publication #27 (1977). Problems involved in developing an Index of Harm.
- Publication #28 (1977). The principles and general procedures for handling emergency and accidental exposure of workers.
- Publication #30 (1982). Limits of intakes of radionuclides by workers.
- Publication #35 (1982). General principles of monitoring for radiation protection of workers.
- Publication #36 (1983). Protection against ionising radiation in the teaching of science.
- Publication #46 (1985). Radiation protection principles for the disposal of solid radioactive waste.
- Publication #53 (1987). Individual monitoring for intakes of radionuclides by workers: design and interpretation.
- Publication #54 (1987). Data for use in protection against external radiation.
- Publication #60 (1991). Recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection.
B. Reports of the National Council on Radiation Protection & Measurements (NCRP) (Washington, DC)
- Report #32 (1966). Radiation protection in educational institutions.
- Report #39 (1971). Basic Radiation protection criteria.
- Report #43 (1975). Review of current state of radiation protection philosophy.
- Report #51 (1977). Radiation protection design guidelines for 0.1 — 100 MeV particle accelerator facilities.
- Report #53 (1977). Review of NCRP radiation dose limit for embryo and foetus in occupationally exposed women.
- Report #57 (1978). Instrumentation and monitoring methods for radiation protection.
- Report #58 (1978). A handbook of radioactivity measurements procedures.
- Report #59 (1978). Operational radiation safety program.
- Report #65 (1980). Management of persons accidentally contaminated with radionuclides.
- Report #71 (1983). Operational radiation safety.
- Report #72 (1983). Radiation protection and measurement for low voltage neutron generators.
- Report #82 (1985). SI units in radiation protection and measurements.
- Report #87 (1987). Use of bioassay procedures for assessment of internal radionuclide deposition.
- Report #93 (1987). Ionising radiation exposure of the population of the United States.
C. Health and Welfare Canada Publications
- Safety Code #PPB-SC-12 (1976). Laboratory facilities for handling radioisotopes.
- Publication #79-EHD-27 (1978). The thermoluminescent dosimetry service of the radiation protection bureau.
- Publication #81-EHD-56 (1980). Bioassay guideline 1: General guidelines for bioassay programs.
- Nuclear Safety and Control Act (SOR/2000 201).
- Public Health Act (S.Q. 2001, c.60)
- Act respecting Occupational Health and Safety (R.S.Q. 1979, c.63).
- Environmental Quality Act (R.S.Q. 2001, c.Q-2).
- Marilyn E. Noz and Gerald Q. Maguire. Radiation Protection in the Radiological and Health Sciences. 2nd edition, 1985 (Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia).
- Jacob Shapiro. Radiation Protection. A Guide for Scientists and Physicians. 2nd edition, 1981 (Harvard University Press, Cambridge MA).
- Nicholas P. Cheremisinoff, Paul N. Cheremisinoff and Michael F. Teresinski. Industrial Radiation Hazards — deskbook. 1st edition, 1987 (Technomic Publishing, Lancaster, PA).
- Bernard Shleien. Radiation Safety Manual for Users of Radioisotopes in Research and Academic Institutions. 1st edition, 1987 (Nucleon lectern Associates, Olney, MD).
- C.H. Wang, David L. Willis, Walter D. Loveland. Radiotracer Methodology in Biological, Environmental and Physical Sciences. 1975 (Prentice-Hall, Inc., Toronto).
F. Other Publications
- Astra Research Centre Montreal, Radiation Safety Manual (January 1998)
- Concordia University, Radiation Safety Manual (January 1999)
- Dalhousie University, Radiation Safety Program Policy and Procedure Manual (September 1997)
- University of Montreal, Radiation Safety Manual (April 1997)