What is Forces AVENIR?
Have you demonstrated ingenuity, determination and leadership? Have you become involved in your community? Have you participated in a project that has had a significant impact in your community or specific field of activity? You are an ideal Forces AVENIR candidate!
Forces AVENIR aims to recognize, honour, and promote the commitment of students in projects that contribute to the development of socially conscious, active and responsible citizens who are both dedicated to their community and open to the world.
Finalists share 33 prestigious grants totalling $114,000 each year!
Students may apply under the Personality category (graduate or undergraduate), or under one of the Project categories:
- Business and Economy
- Arts, Literature and Culture
- Mutual Aid, Peace and Justice
- Science and Technology
- Communications, Education and Society
For more information on the categories, click here.
Eligibility for Individuals
- Be registered as full-time students for at least one semester during the period of eligibility (30 March 2013 to 31 March 2014)
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Not have been paid to participate
- Be no more than 35 years of age
- No be former recipients of a Forces AVENIR university award in the Personality AVENIR category
Eligibility for Projects
- The project may be carried out as part of a university undergraduate program worth a maximum of 3 credits
- The project must not take place in context of a course or a research program which is part of the requirements for obtaining a graduate degree
- At least 80% of the students involved in the project must meet the criteria for individuals
- The project must be initiated, made operational or be carried out during the period of eligibility (30 March 2013 to 31 March 2014)
- The project must not have already received a Forces AVENIR university award in the Project AVENIR category
- University level: McGill will make a first selection and will submit a maximum of two applications per category to Forces AVENIR.
- Specialist Juries: For each category, Forces AVENIR will set up a jury of three people recognized in their field. These juries will select the recipients of the grants and AVENIR trophies.
- The Grand Jury: Finally, a Grand Jury made up of a number of key figures in society representing different fields will determine the recipients of the AVENIR Par Excellence grants and trophies.