Applications for the 2015 Awards for Canadians are to be submitted by October 17, 2014.
Each year in late August, information sessions are offered to help students who wish to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships. These sessions are designed to provide details and answer questions pertaining to requirements, application procedures, and McGill's internal screening process.
Information sessions for the 2014-2015 academic year are scheduled as follows:
- August 25 | 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- August 26 | 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- August 27 | 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- August 28 | 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
All info sessions will take place in Room 3001 of the Brown Student Services Building. Please reserve your spot by emailing deanofstudents [at] mcgill [dot] ca.
If you are unable to attend an information session, you may access the PowerPoint presentation here.
Full-time students at McGill University who are available to study at Oxford University the year after applying (fall 2015).
A candidate must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- be domiciled in Canada;
- have been born after 30 September 1990 and on or before 1 October 1996;
- have received an undergraduate degree before taking up the Scholarship;
- **and while GPA is only one assessment criterion, candidates are advised that a GPA of 3.75 is a suggested minimum to be competitive.
Rhodes Scholars are elected for two years of study at the University of Oxford, with the possibility of renewal for a third year. A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, a personal stipend and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
Canadian candidates may choose to participate in McGill's internal screening process. The McGill process is prepatory for the provincial selection process and will consist of mock interviews and relevant workshops. All applicants will be given the access code to submit their application online through the Rhodes Trust website.
Applicants must apply online at www.rhodesscholarshiptrust.com/apply.