Library Matters is an online publication of the McGill Library that seeks to exchange and foster ideas, innovations and information from McGill Library staff for on-campus readers and beyond. If you are interested in learning more about what is going on at the McGill Visual Arts Collection, read all about on Library Matters. Find our latest posts here.
• Haldane, Maeve. Investigating the Three Bares. McGill Channels, July 2, 2019.
• Keller, Lucy. Campus Art for the Busy Student, McGill Tribune, January 29, 2019.
• Nevitt, Chloe. A Walk Through the Wallflowers: Exploring McGill's Visual Arts Collection. The McGill Tribune.
• Lagacé-Dowson, Anne. Out of the Vault and Into the Spotlight. McGill Reporter, June 5, 2018.
• McCabe, Daniel. A Feast for the Eyes. McGill News Alumni Magazine.
• Rushby, Katherine. Sarah Swiderski, Cataloguing Assistant for McGill Visual Arts Collection. Her Campus at McGill, April 10, 2014.
In the Press
• Allen-Flanagan, Tara. Unknown and Undated. Archives of American Art Blog, February 8, 2019.
• Berey, Kristine. McGill acquires archival collection of Montreal artist John A. Schweitzer. November 9, 2016.
• La Galerie UQAM. Marian Dale Scott, Endocrinology. 150 ans 150 oeuvres: Canadian Art as Historical Act, 2018.
• Kristine Berey, McGill Acquires Archival Collection of Montreal Artist John A. Schweitzer. The Suburban, November 9, 2016.
• La Balade pour la Paix : An Open-air Museum. Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 2017.
Recent Exhibitions Featuring Artworks from the McGill Visual Arts Collection
• Nomadic Murals: Tapestries of the Modern Era at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art (April 5, 2019 - December 1, 2019), Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America
• Marcel Barbeau. In Motion at the Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec, Quebec (October 11, 2018 to January 6, 2019), Quebec, Canada
• Nancy Petry - Voyages at Beaux Arts des Amériques (May 1st to June 15, 2014), Montreal, Quebec, Canada
• Marian Dale Scott, 1906-1993: Pioneer of Modern Art, Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec, (April 5, 2000 to September 4, 2000), Quebec, Quebec, Canada
• Higher States: Lawren Harris and His American Contemporaries, McMichael Canadian Art Collection (February 4, 2017 to September 4, 2017), Kleinburg, Ontario, Canada