Fitness Access McGill (FAM) Application Form
Fitness Access McGill is a program that helps and supports McGill students and staff with physical disabilities, chronic illness, or other impairments access physical activity opportunities. FAM is a collaboration between McGill Athletics & Recreation and the Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education, along with the Student Accessibility and Achievement of the Provost, Accessibility Advisor. During FAM, participants will receive a custom workout plan tailored to their bodies and have access to drop-in in-person and virtual group training sessions.
This program is accepting 10 participants for the Winter 2023 semester.
- McGill student, staff or faculty.
- Having a physical disability, chronic illness, or other impairment that currently impacts their ability to engage in physical activity.
- Individualized assessment and exercise prescription with a certified kinesiologist.
- Online and/or in-person group exercise sessions supervised by a trained McGill Kinesiology student.
- The program will run for a duration of 8-10 weeks for each person.
- The program is provided at a cost of $25 for students and $50 for staff and faculty members for the Winter 2023 semester.
- Commitment to attend one to two group exercise sessions.
- The Winter 2023 program will be hybrid with the option to attend online or in-person sessions.
The details of the application form found at https://www.mcgill.ca/tielab/fam are only sent to Nour Saadawi, the lead kinesiologist from McGill Athletics and Recreation, and shared with the staff involved in the development of this program. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the FAM coordinator, olivia.pastore [at] mail.mcgill.ca (Olivia Pastore).