Fitness Access McGill (FAM) Application Form
Fitness Access McGill is a program that helps and supports McGill students and staff with physical disabilities, chronic illness, or other impairments access physical activity opportunities. FAM is a collaboration between McGill Athletics & Recreation and the Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education, along with the Office for Students with Disabilities and Office of the Provost, Accessibility Advisor. In the FAM: Online edition participants will receive a custom workout plan tailored to their bodies, have access to drop-in virtual group training sessions, and will learn skills to assist in maintaining a physically active lifestyle.
This program is accepting 30 participants for the Fall 2020 semester.
- McGill student, staff or faculty.
- Having a physical disability, chronic illness, or other impairment that currently impacts their ability to engage in physical activity.
FAM: Online programming
- Individualized assessment and exercise prescription with a certified kinesiologist.
- Five to six one-on-one sessions with a trained McGill Kinesiology student to build strategies and skills to maintain physical activity beyond FAM.
- Virtual group exercise sessions supervised by a trained McGill Kinesiology student.
- Beginning the week of September 21, the program will run for a duration of 8-10 weeks.
- The program is provided at a cost of $25 for students and $50 for staff and faculty members for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Commitment to attend one to two virtual group exercise sessions and one virtual skill building session each week for the duration of program.
- The Fall 2020 program will be available entirely online with the option to be integrated into the McGill athletics and recreation facilities depending on availability and interest.
- Optional: Provide your feedback during and after the program to allow us to improve the FAM program via a research study linked with FAM.
The details of the application form found at https://www.mcgill.ca/tielab/fam are only sent to Aaron Fellows, the lead personal trainer from McGill Athletics and Recreation, and shared with the staff involved in the development of this program. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the FAM coordinator, olivia.pastore [at] mail.mcgill.ca (Olivia Pastore).