Fitness Access McGill (FAM) Staff Application Form
Fitness Access McGill for Staff (FAM:Staff) is a program that helps and supports McGill staff with physical disabilities, chronic illness, or other impairment by accessing physical activity opportunities on McGill’s campus. FAM is a collaboration between McGill Athletics & Recreation and the Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education. It provides individuals with an exercise program specifically tailored to their bodies, with access to adapted exercise equipment at McGill. Exercise programs are in small group settings, with other FAM:Staff participants, with support from a personal trainer specialized in adapted physical activity, and students in the Department of Kinesiology & Physical Education.
This program is accepting 10 participants for the Winter 2020 semester (February to end of April).
- McGill staff or faculty
- With a physical disability, chronic illness, or other impairment that currently impacts their access to the gym or fitness centres
- Is interested in reducing barriers to physical activity on campus
- Program is provided at a cost of 100$ for the Winter 2020 semester, which includes membership to the Currie Gym, an assessment and exercise prescription with a personal trainer (2 meetings), and 2 exercise sessions per week for 6-8 weeks supervised by a trained McGill Kinesiology or Physical Education student.
- Commitment to exercise 2 or more times a week, for the 8-10 week program
- Provide your feedback during and after the program to allow us to improve this first iteration of FAM:Staff.
The details of the application form found at https://www.mcgill.ca/tielab/fam are only sent to Aaron Fellows, the lead personal trainer from McGill Athletics and Recreation, and shared with the staff involved in the development of this program. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the FAM:Staff coordinator, natasha.kaushik [at] mail.mcgill.ca (Natasha Kaushik).