Early adopters will be able to begin using the softphone calling technology in June/July 2021, well in advance of the physical phone rollout, which will begin in the fall.
- All you need is a computer and Internet connection.
- You will be given a Cisco headset (earphones and mic), but no physical phone (you can also use your own headphones if you wish).
- You will make and receive calls through the Cisco Webex app.
- If you currently use a desk phone at the office, it will no longer be usable; your phone number will no longer be associated with that phone.
- If your McGill phone number has an extension (e.g., 514-398-4400 ext.1234) you will be given a new phone number, without an extension.
NOTE: If you need to process payment card information by phone, you are not a good candidate for the early adopter program. The Cisco telephone solution does not support PCI-compliance. IT Services will work with your unit to recommend a suitable alternative.
Once you submit the form, if you are eligible, we will invite you to an information session, where we will explain how the new Webex app works and give a brief demonstration. You will also have an opportunity to ask questions of the project team.