This page is restricted to faculty and staff members of McGill University.
These resoureces are directed at Faculty of Science staff involved in undergraduate teaching and advising.
This page is maintained by pete.barry [at] mcgill.ca (Pete Barry), Chief Academic Advisor, Faculty of Science.
To access the content, please use your McGill username and password to sign in using the 'Sign in' link below at right.
Once you are signed in, the restricted menu items will appear in the menu to the left. There you can access:
- Grades and Grade Submission Guide (especially how to correctly use K, J and F grades)
- Annotated Student Assessment Policy with comments on how to interpret the policy - includes
- Accommodations for missed mid-terms
- Resolving mid-term conflicts with other courses
- Exam weight limits
- End-of-term assignments
- Transfer credit codes on the Minerva transcript, and how to read them
- Special Deferred Exam Arrangements (who is responsible for granting permission for special deferred exams)
- Minerva Reports from the Student Records Production Schedule
Other resources for teaching (unrestricted)
- Teaching and Learning Services
- McGill Policies and Guidelines related to Teaching
- Academic Integrity
- Course Outline Guide (what to include in your syllabus)
- Course Evaluations (end and middle of term)
- Mobile Device use in class
- Religious Holy Days
- Rights of Students with Disabilities
- Text Matching Software use
- and more...
- Exams (including final exam schedules)
- Exam Conflict definitions (used for finals, but can be applied to mid-terms; also see the Annotated Student Assessment Policy (above) about resolving mid-term conflicts)
- Cheating and Plagiarism (what to do and who to contact info for instructors when cheating is suspected)
- Helping Students in Difficulty (what to do and who to contact if you see someone who may be in need of help)