Those wishing to join or participate in a psychology Practice Research Network can contact any of the following PRNs below:
The Psychotherapy Practice Research Network (PPRNet) of the University of Ottawa and the Ottawa Hospital
- Description: The Psychotherapy Practice Research Network (PPRNet) is a Canada wide inter-disciplinary collaboration among psychotherapy clinicians, educators, researchers, knowledge users, and professional organizations. The PPRNet operates in part through generous support and funding by the University of Ottawa, and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
- Team: Dr. Georges Tasca, Dr. Louise Balfour, Dr. Benjamin Fortin-Langelier, Dr. Kylie Francis, Dr. Jasmine Gandhi, Dr. Linda Huehn, Dr. John Hunsley, Dr. Anthony Joyce, Dr. Jackie Kinley, Dr. Diana Koszycki, Dr. Molyn Leszcz, Vanessa Lybanon-Daigle, Dr. Deanna Mercer, Dr. John Ogrodniczuk, Dr. Martin Drapeau, Dr. Michelle Presniak, Dr. Paula Ravitz, Dr. Kerri Ritchie, Dr. John Sylvestre, Dr. Jeanne Talbot, and Brian Wilson.
- Institutions involved: The Ottawa Hospital, The University of Ottawa, QE II Health Sciences Centre, Mount Sinai Hospital (Toronto), University of Toronto, McGill University, University of British Columbia
- Website: www.pprnet.ca or contact Dr. Georges Tasca, Ph.D. at GTASCA [at] Ottawahospital.on.ca)">GTASCA [at] Ottawahospital.on.ca.
The Center for Collegiate Mental Health (CCMH)
- Description: CCMH is an international PRN that brings together clinical work, research, and technology. CCMH collects data through routine clinical practice from over 550 college and university counseling centers internationally. The mission of CCMH is to create a standardized, continuously flowing database of college mental health data from participating college and university counseling/mental health centers. CCMH is located at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), at Penn State University.
- Team: The CCMH Advisory Board directs and advises CCMH initiatives based on expertise and knowledge of challenges, trends, and best practices in the field of college student mental health counseling. Board members serve for three years and provide recommendations on current and future projects, organizational and administrative protocols, and collaborate with the CCMH Business Team. The Board engages in activities that increase the awareness of CCMH’s mission. For a list of current board members, click here.
- Website: https://ccmh.psu.edu/
Pennsylvania Psychological Association Practice Research Network (PPA-PRN)
- Description: PPA-PRN is aimed at creating an active collaboration between experienced practitioners and researchers into the determination, design, implementation, analyses, and dissemination of clinically meaningful and scientifically rigorous studies. This publication provides a further description of the PPA-PRN infrastructure.
- Team: Dr. Thomas D. Borkovec, Dr. Ruben J. Echemendia, Dr. Stephen A. Ragusea.
Penn State University Training Clinic Practice Research Network (PSU-TCPRN)
- Description: The Castonguay Lab at Penn State University is a collaborative group of undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty members working together to develop practice-oriented research on psychotherapeutic processes and outcomes. This lab has played a central role in creating an infrastructure within Penn State University’s Department of Psychology clinic that allows for a simultaneous integration of the clinical and research needs of graduate students. This publication provides a description of the PSU-TCPRN infrastructure.
- Institution: Penn State University
- Website: https://psych.la.psu.edu/psychological-clinic
Practice-Based Resource Networks Registry Map (USA)
- Description: An interactive map displays registered PRNs based in the United States
- Website: https://pbrn.ahrq.gov/pbrn-registry/pbrn-registry-map