Please note that bookings are unavailable as the office is currently closed. The office and its services are being restructured.
See Additional Services to find support both on and off McGill campuses.
For 24/7 bilingual support, contact the Sexual Violence Helpline at 1-888-933-9007.
Our location and contact info
550 Sherbrooke O. Suite 585
(West Tower elevators 1-11)
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1E3
(all calls are currently being directed through the Office of the Dean of Students)
Email: osvrse [at] mcgill.ca
Drop-in hours currently unavailable
Find us at Macdonald Campus!
Student Services, room 121, Centennial Centre
10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Bi-monthly presence from September-April
Drop in hours are currently unavailable
What to expect at your first meeting
Whether your appointment is online or in person, you will be asked to complete a brief intake form at your first appointment to collect basic information regarding you and your current needs. Every question has the option “prefer not to answer”.
The first appointment will be focused on your current needs which can include:
- Crisis intervention
- Coordination of academic, workplace and housing accommodations
- Safety measures on campus
- Information on and help accessing further resources (including medical, psychological, community services)
- Information on and support regarding reporting options
Our qualified and dedicated team is committed to supporting any members of the McGill community impacted by sexual violence.
The Sexual Violence Response Advisor is responsible for providing direct support to community member who have been impacted by sexual and gender-based violence through case management, group interventions, and the development and implementation of support activities.
The Sexual Violence Education Advisor (Vacant) is responsible for developing and implementing the office's educational initiatives and resources in order to promote awareness about consent, healthy relationships, and sexual violence prevention.
From September to April of every year, our team also includes McGill Social Work interns and the #ConsentMcGill Peer Educators team.
We strive to create accessible and inclusive space.
- The building is wheelchair accessible via the main entrance on Sherbrooke. Wheelchair accessible washrooms can be found on the main floor.
- The washrooms on the 5th floor have a small set of stairs and are not gender neutral.
- This space is scent-reduced to minimize risk for people with chemical sensitivities, allergies, and asthma. Please refrain from wearing scented products, such as perfume, cologne, shampoo, conditioner, soap, hairspray or gel, laundry detergent, fabric softener, or lotion.
If you require additional accommodations to access our office or participate in our events, please osvrse [at] mcgill.ca (email) us.