The recommended browsers for Minerva are the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
McGill ID and PIN
To log in to Minerva, use the 9-digit McGill ID number assigned to you.
As a guest, you will receive an email with your McGill ID as well as a PIN that will allow you to log in for the first time. Follow the steps described below on this page.
Upon logging in, you will have access to certain menus and menu options based on your relationship with the University. Read more about the menus you will see.
Before you log in for the first time
You need to:
- Read and agree to the Policy on the Responsible Use of McGill Information Technology Resources, which governs the use of computers and information systems at McGill.
- Have your McGill ID number and your PIN handy.
How to log in for the first time
- Click on the Login to Minerva (key) icon in the right sidebar of this page.
- Enter your 9-digit McGill ID (sent to you in an email with the subject line "McGill Welcomes you to Minerva")
- Enter your 6-character PIN, which is equal to your birthdate in the format YYMMDD.
- Follow the onscreen instructions that will prompt you to reset your PIN and select a security question to answer, such as "What is your pet's name?".
NOTE: Should you ever forget the PIN you have chosen, enter only your McGill ID and click Forgot PIN?. By answering your security question, you will be allowed to reset your PIN to a new one.
If you should forget your PIN and fail to answer your security question correctly, please contact the Minerva Help Line at 514-398-7878 to have your PIN reset.
How to log in when you are not a first-time user
- Click on the Login to Minerva icon in the right sidebar of this page.
- Enter your 9-digit McGill ID and the 6-character PIN you chose for yourself.
If you don't remember your PIN, click the Forgot PIN? button and answer the security question you set up initially.