MiCM Summer Scholars Program
Applications to the 2021 MiCM Summer Scholars Program is now closed!
The Summer Scholars program was developed to provide undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to learn about computational medicine through research projects. Scholars will work with academic researchers within the McGill community on a project for a period of 12 or 16 weeks in the summer months. To enhance the Summer Scholars’ experience, a number of workshops will be designed to expose students to a variety of applications and computational tools. At the end of the program, Summer Scholars will present their research projects to faculty members, peers, staff and the McGill community.
Benefits of Summer Scholars Program:
- Explore and learn about computational medicine through early involvement in research projects
- Paid undergraduate research internship
- An opportunity to apply the knowledge learned in the undergraduate classroom to real projects
- Explore career options, make contacts and expand your network
- The program is 12 weeks or 16 weeks during the summer months (May to August)
- Students are compensated via the Summers Scholars stipend, valued at either $5345 for 12 weeks or $7125 for 16 weeks depending on the length of the project
- Payment of the award will be issued every two weeks over the summer period.
- The program is open to all McGill undergraduate students, both Canadian and international
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- Must be an undergraduate student, if expecting to graduate in May 2021 you must be returning as a graduate student in fall 2021.
- Availability for full-time commitment for the duration of the scholars program.
- Cannot be the recipient of any other summer internship award.
Planned Start & End Date
May 1 to August 31 2021, with the possibility of adjustments.
Upon completion of the program, students will either be required to submit a brief report about their project or give a presentation of their work. Selected candidates will be asked to select their choice of projects from a list (available in April).
How To Apply:
First you must register as a regular user on our portal, once this step has been completed you are then able to submit your application for summer scholarship.
Applications will only be accepted between February 5th, 2021 and March 5th, 2021 at 5 PM (EST).
The following documents are required.
- An up-to-date CV
- A Cover Letter indicating why does your past experience make you a good fit for this scholars program. How will this project advance your academic/career goals.
- Current copy of unofficial transcript report.
When do I apply? Applications will be accepted from February 5th, 2021.
For any inquiries and/or assistance, please contact info-micm [at] mcgill.ca.
Application Deadline: March 5th, 2021 5 PM (EST).