MiCM Summer Scholars Program Update
Applications to the 2020 MiCM Summer Scholars Program is now closed
The Summer Scholars program was developed to provide undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to learn about computational medicine through research projects. Scholars will work with academic researchers within the McGill community on a project for a period of 12 or 16 weeks in the summer months. To enhance the Summer Scholars’ experience, a number of workshops will be designed to expose students to a variety of applications and computational tools. At the end of the program, Summer Scholars will present their research projects to faculty members, peers, staff and the McGill community.
Benefits of Summer Scholars Program:
- Explore and learn about computational medicine through early involvement in research projects
- Paid undergraduate and graduate research internship
- An opportunity to apply the knowledge learned in the undergraduate or graduate classroom to real projects
- Explore career options, make contacts and expand your network
- The program is 12 weeks or 16 weeks during the summer months (May to August)
- Students are compensated via the Summers Scholars stipend, valued at either $5345 for 12 weeks or $7125 for 16 weeks depending on the length of the project
- Payment of the award will be processed in two payments the first 90% at the beginning of the project in early May and the remaining balance will be paid upon completion of the main responsibilities of the project.
- The program is open to all McGill undergraduate and graduate students, both Canadian and international
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid Canadian study permit.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student, returning to their current registered faculty in fall 2020.
- Availability for full-time and on-site commitment for the duration of the scholars program.
- Cannot be the recipient of any other summer internship award.
Planned Start & End Date
May 1 to August 31 2020, with the possibility of adjustments.
Upon completion of the program, students are required to submit a brief report about their project. Selected candidates will be asked to select their choice of projects from a list (available in April). Upon completion of the program, students will be required to submit a brief report about their project.
How To Apply:
The online application form will open on January 16, 2020 and close on February 26, 2020 at 5 PM (EST). The following documents are required.
- An up-to-date CV
- A Cover Letter indicating why does your past experience make you a good fit for this scholars program. How will this project advance your academic/career goals.
- Current copy of unofficial transcript report.
When do I apply? Applications will be accepted from [January 16, 2020]. For any inquiries and/or assistance, please contact info-micm [at] mcgill.ca.
Application Deadline: [February 26, 2020 5 PM (EST)].