The McGill University Medical Physics Unit was delighted to establish a Fellowship in honour of the unit's former director and outstanding medical physicist Dr. Ervin B. Podgorsak.
Ervin B. Podgorsak
Dr. Podgorsak came to McGill in 1975. Since that time, he made significant contributions not only to the Medical Physics program at McGill but also to the entire field of Medical Physics.
Of his countless publications, he is best known for his work in radiosurgery dating back to the late 1980s. To the members and alumni of the MPU, he is perhaps better known as a teacher and a leader. He mentored over 190 students at McGill and directed the McGill MPU for nearly two decades.
How to Give
You can contribute to the Ervin B. Podgorsak Fellowship fund by making a donation online or by phone:
- Online donation form
- McGill donations hotline 514-398-2787 (please designate your gift to the Ervin B. Podgorsak Fellowship - specify allocation 06917)
- By contacting ManLi Que at manli.que [at] mcgill.ca
Through your generosity we hope to continue Ervin Podgorsak’s legacy of teaching excellence at McGill.
Thank you for your support!
The Fellowship Fund
By creating this Fellowship, the MPU made a commitment to sustain Dr. Podgorsak’s dedication to academic excellence through increased student funding.
Through the generous support of our faculty, alumni, and friends, the MPU fundraising committee is maintaining a direct-spend fellowship fund by raising at least $10,000 per year.
- The Fellowship is awarded to an incoming student into the MSc program with the highest CGPA based on their undergraduate transcript;
- If the recipient declines the MSc offer, the Fellowship will be awarded to the student with the next highest CGPA;
- If the recipient has no external scholarships, or if the total amount of external scholarship funding is less than $15,000, the Fellowship award amount will be $10,000;
- If the recipient has external scholarship funding equal to or exceeding $15,000, the Fellowship award amount will be $5,000.
Inaugural recipient of the Ervin B. Podgorsak Fellowship:
Veng Jean Heng 2017-2018
Anastasia Kolokotronis 2018-2019
Sabrina Côté-Maldonado 2019-2020