The mission of the Museum is:
- To collect, preserve, research and display artifacts pertaining to the history of medicine in the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University.
- To provide, maintain and manage a museum for the purpose of education.
- To make available medical artifacts for display at various locations nationally and internationally on a non-profit basis for educational purposes.
- To honour and remember the individuals who collected and preserved these artifacts and who added much richness to the current understanding of medical treatment, ailments and the people with these diseases.
- To commemorate the individuals and families who selflessly allowed the collection of these historically valuable specimens so that all could learn from them.