The main mission of McGill International is to implement the international components of McGill's Strategic Academic Plan 2017-2022 by:
- Spearheading and supporting initiatives that increase international mobility of McGill students and foster global engagement on campus.
- Advising on organization and protocol of international visits and missions and providing information on McGill’s connection to a given country or region.
- Facilitating international agreements in the areas of academic programs, student and faculty mobility, and capacity building.
- Overseeing the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Student Exchange Agreement process with overseas partners.
- Administering university-wide international mobility and exchange programs for faculty, students and staff, such as Erasmus+.
- Assisting McGill faculties and units with evaluating institutional visit and partnership requests.
- Communicating strategically about the university’s international priorities to both internal and external constituencies.