Teaching Assistant Positions

Winter 2024

Applications are now closed. The deadline to submit applications was Tuesday, November 21, 2023.

Applicants must be students registered in a McGill graduate program.

Teaching Assistants will be required on campus to perform their tasks in person. 

How to Apply

Internal Applicants

External Applicants

International students must have a valid study permit, Social Insurance number (SIN), and Canadian bank account.

Teaching Assistantship Forms

If you are accepted for a TA position, you must complete the following forms:

• AGSEM Membership Form [.pdf]

• TA Workload Form [.pdf]

For any questions or concerns, please contact Franca Cianci, Manager, Student Affairs, Administrative Service Centre 2 (Anthropology, History & Classical Studies, Jewish Studies, Sociology).

Important Note: International Students

International students must have a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number to work as a teaching assistant (or other employment on campus). To apply for a Social Insurance Number, you will need to present your Visa/Study Permit at your local Service Canada Centre after arrival in Canada, before starting work. For more information, see the International Student Services website.

The Centre nearest McGill’s downtown campus is:

Montreal Downtown/Southwest Montreal Service Canada Centre
Guy-Favreau Complex, Office 034
200 René-Lévesque Blvd West
Montreal, Quebec
Phone: 1-800 O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232)
Fax: 514-496-5951

Back to top