The majority of graduate programs are NOT impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Philosophy (Thesis): Bioethics offered by the Department of Philosophy in the Faculty of Arts is a research-intensive program that emphasizes rigorous and engaging learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in critical thinking, literature synthesis, and the presentation of complex ideas to either continue their studies or pursue professional opportunities.
Keywords: Ethics, bioethics, health policy, human subjects, biomedical ethics, health inequalities
Unique Program Features
- The program is offered in conjunction with the Biomedical Ethics Unit, a course of study leading typically leading graduates to the pursue a PhD in Philosophy;
- It usually takes at least two years to complete the program and practicum, although some students have completed it in 18 months;
- Students may take some courses for credit at the Université de Montréal and the Université du Québec à Montréal;
- Department areas of expertise include Ancient and Medieval (especially Arabic) Philosophy, Early Modern Philosophy, Kant and post-Kantian German Philosophy, Philosophy of Mind; Aesthetics, Moral and Political Philosophy, Feminist Philosophy, History and Philosophy of Science and Mathematics, Philosophy of Logic, Contemporary European Philosophy.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Intake||Applications Open||Application Deadline - International||Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)|
|FALL||September 15||January 15||January 15|
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.