The majority of graduate programs are NOT impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Parasitology (Thesis) offered by the Institute of Parasitology in the Faculty of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences is a research-intensive program that emphasizes stimulating and enriching learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in critical thinking, research methodology, and data management to either continue their studies or pursue professional opportunities.
Keywords: Global infectious diseases, parasitology, host-pathogen interaction, drug discovery, vaccines, diagnostics, metabolomics.
Unique Program Features
- Students benefit from well-equipped modern laboratories with excellent facilities for molecular research including a confocal suite;
- The Institute is affiliated with the J.D. MacLean Centre for Tropical Diseases at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC);
- Graduates pursue careers in academia, the private sector (e.g., biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors in research, management, technical services, and sales), or the public sector (e.g., health, agriculture, food safety, and various government agencies). Some graduates continue their education in medical school.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Intake||Applications Open||Application Deadline - International||Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)|
|FALL||September 15||January 15||May 31|
|WINTER||February 15||July 23||September 1|
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.