The majority of graduate programs are NOT impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mechanical Engineering offered by the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering is a research-intensive program that emphasizes independent and comprehensive learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in out-of-the-box thinking, research methodology, and data analysis to pursue professional opportunities in academia or industry.
Keywords: Biomaterials, Computational Materials Engineering, Energy, Electronic, and Environmental Materials, Materials Characterization, Materials Process Engineering and Design, Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy, Structural Materials
Unique Program Features
- Graduates typically proceed to careers in research in either industrial or academic environments;
- Given that research in Mechanical Engineering is often interdisciplinary, our Ph.D. students commonly have a co-supervisor in addition to their principal supervisor;
- Research and experimental facilities contain state-of-the-art equipment (including a major wind tunnel facility) with access to extensive computational facilities;
- Faculty members collaborate with others across the University often through research centres including: the Centre for Intelligent Machines (CIM), the McGill Institute for Advanced Materials (MIAM), and the Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital (MNI);
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering is among the top three in Canada (QS World University Rankings).
University-Level Admission Requirements
- English-language proficiency
Program-Specific Admission Requirement
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.3 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Intake||Applications Open||Application Deadline - International||Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)|
|FALL||September 15||December 1||December 1|
|WINTER||February 15||July 15||September 1|
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.