The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Kinesiology and Physical Education (Thesis) offered by the Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education in the Faculty of Education is a research-intensive program that emphasizes tailored and rigorous learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in out-of-the-box thinking, data collection, and academic writing to either continue their studies or pursue professional opportunities.
Keywords: exercise physiology, biomechanics, neuroscience, physical and health education, sports sociology, cultural studies, adapted physical activity, sports psychology, exercise psychology, exercise pedagogy.
Unique Program Features
- The program has two main areas: Behavior & Mechanics and Exercise Physiology;
- The Department's Biomechanics and Neuroscience researchers work to better understand human structure and function interactions between biology (muscles, bones, joints), mechanics (forces, acceleration, motion) and/or the nervous system (brain, nerves, genetics);
- The Department's Exercise Physiology faculty members are broadly interested in the effects of exercise and physical activity on functional, health and performance outcomes in healthy, clinical, and athletic populations;
- The Department is keen on developing research partnerships with Indigenous, working class, and/or marginalized sport communities and attempts to focus on how sport & physical activity can be used to foster community wellbeing.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
Graduate Program studentaffairs.kpe [at] mcgill.ca (subject: MSc%20in%20Kinesiology%20%26%20Physical%20Education) (email)
|Intake||Applications Open||Application Deadline - International||Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)|
|FALL||September 15||January 15||May 15|
|WINTER||February 15||July 15||October 1|
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.