The majority of graduate programs are NOT impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Epidemiology (Thesis) offered by the Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is a research-intensive program that emphasizes engaging and research-oriented learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in original thinking, collaboration, and scientific communication to either continue their studies or pursue professional opportunities.
Keywords: epidemiology, population health, prevention, health policy, health inequalities, disease surveillance, pharmaco-epidemiology.
Unique Program Features
- Students will study the foundations and principles of epidemiology and applied biostatistics, in order to design, conduct, and analyze clinical, population-based, environmental, policy, and methodological health-related research;
- The goal of the program is to introduce students to the principles and methods of epidemiologic research in order to enable them to design, conduct, analyze, and interpret epidemiologic research;
- The Department's research expertise focuses on clinical epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, cancer, cardiovascular, respiratory, perinatal, environmental, and occupational epidemiology; clinical trials, health services research;
- Newly emerging areas of expertise include social epidemiology, public and population health, infectious diseases, neuroepidemiology, psychiatric epidemiology, global health, clinical and health research informatics, genetic, and molecular epidemiology.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Application Deadline - International
|Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.