The majority of graduate programs are not impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computer Science (Thesis) offered by the School of Computer Science in the Faculty of Science is a research-intensive program that emphasizes rigorous and cutting-edge learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in critical reading, forward-thinking, and academic writing to either continue their studies or pursue professional opportunities.
Unique Program Features
- The program is designed for students with a strong interest in research in computer science who hold at least the equivalent of an undergraduate minor in Computer Science;
- The program combines a strong course component with a research thesis. It is the usual (but not mandatory) entry point for students who wish to do a Ph.D., but is also the program of choice for those looking to enter the workforce upon graduation;
- Funding opportunities are available;
- The School’s Faculty conduct research in various areas such as artificial intelligence, robotics, machine learning and vision, bioinformatics, systems research and computer science education, software engineering, programming languages, and the foundations of computer science;
- The School is one of the leading teaching and research centres for computer science in Canada.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Intake||Applications Open||Application Deadline - International||Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)|
|FALL||September 15||December 15||December 15|
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.