The majority of graduate programs are NOT impacted by recent government announcements about tuition increases.
PhD students from the rest of Canada will continue to pay Quebec fees.
International PhD fees will see the same 3% increase as Quebec fees.
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Biostatistics (Non-Thesis) offered by the Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is a course-based program that emphasizes rigorous and collaborative learning opportunities. The program's objective is to equip students with skills in problem identification, data analysis, and scientific communication to pursue professional opportunities (or potentially continue their studies).
Keywords: causal inference, dynamic treatment regimes, longitudinal data, spatial statistics, statistical genetics, time series, statistics, data science.
Unique Program Features
- The program is designed to expose students to a wide range of topics including statistical methods for epidemiology, generalized linear models, survival analysis, longitudinal data, and clinical trials;
- Students will grow their skills in data analysis, statistical consulting, communication, and report writing;
- The Department's key research areas include survival analysis, non-parametric and semi-parametric modelling, analysis of longitudinal data, causal inference, statistical computing, classification and regression trees, methods for evaluating diagnostic accuracy, Bayesian statistics in medicine, statistical methods for clinical trials, and the design and analysis of epidemiologic studies;
- Graduates typically go on to work in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, in government, or in academic medical research.
University-Level Admission Requirements
- An eligible Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA out of a possible 4.0 GPA
- English-language proficiency
Each program has specific admission requirements including required application documents. Please visit the program website for more details.
|Application Deadline - International
|Application Deadline - Domestic (Canadian, Permanent Resident of Canada)
Note: Application deadlines are subject to change without notice. Please check the application portal for the most up-to-date information.