2017- present | PhD Student, Department of Human Genetics, McGill University
2015-2016 | Master’s Student, Departments of Human Genetics, McGill University
2011-2014 | Post-Doctoral Clinical and Research Fellow, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Sainte-Justine Hospital, Université de Montreal (Montreal, QC)
2006-2011 | Resident in Pediatrics, Geneva University Hospital (Switzerland)
2005 | M.D., University of Athens (Athens, Greece)
1. Despoina Manousaki, Frank Rauch, Josée Dubois, Gilles Chabot, Nathalie Alos. (2016). Pediatric Reference Data for Dual X-Ray Absorptiometric Measures of Normal Lumbar Bone Mineral Density in Young Children: Impact of the Mechanostat. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 16(3):247-55.
2. Despoina Manousaki, Jack Kent, Karin Haack, Sirui Zhou, Pingxing Xie, Celia M. Greenwood, Paul Brassard, Deborah Newman, Shelley Cole, Jason G. Umans, Guy Rouleau , Anthony G. Comuzzie and J. Brent Richards. (2016). Towards Precision Medicine: TBC1D4 Disruption is Common in The Inuit and Leads to Under-Diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 39(11):1889-1895.
3. Despoina Manousaki, Louis Geoffroy, Johnny Deladoey, Patricia Olivier (2016). Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Children: a Protocol Validated to Avoid Hypoglycemia at Initiation. Frontiers in Endocrinology (submitted).
4. Despoina Manousaki, Lavinia Paternoster, Marie Standl, Miriam F. Moffatt, Martin Farrall, Emmanuelle Bouzigon, David P Strachan, Florence Demenais, Mark Lathrop, William O.C.M. Cookson, J. Brent Richards. (2016) Mendelian randomization shows no role for low vitamin D levels in asthma, atopic dermatitis or IgE levels. PLOS Medicine (under review).
5. Despoina Manousaki, Lauren E. Mokry, Stephanie Ross, David Goltzman , J. Brent Richards. (2016). Mendelian Randomization Studies do not Support a Role for Vitamin D in Coronary Artery Disease. Circulation: Cardiovascular Genetics. 9(4):349-56.
6. Lauren E. Mokry, Stephanie Ross, John A. Morris, Despoina Manousaki, Vince Forgetta, J. Brent Richards (2016). Genetically decreased vitamin D and risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Neurology, 87(24):2567-2574.
7. Despoina Manousaki, Judith Allanson, Lior Wolf, Cheri Deal. (2014). Characterization of Facial Phenotypes of Children with Congenital Hypopituitarism and their Parents: a matched case-control study. American Journal of Medical Genetics. 67(7):1525-33. PMID: 25845580
8. Despoina Manousaki, Cheri Deal, Jean Jacques De Bruycker, Philippe Ovetchkine, Claude Mercier and Nathalie Alos. (2014). A 15-year-old adolescent with a rare pituitary lesion. Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports. 5(EDM140010): 10.1530. PMID: 24851183
9. Magiakou MA, Manousaki D, Papadaki M, Hadjidakis D, Levidou G, Vakaki M, Papaefstathiou A, Lalioti N, Kanaka-Gantenbein C, Piaditis G, Chrousos GP, Dacou-Voutetakis C. (2009). The efficacy and safety of gonadotropin-releasing hormone analog treatment in childhood and adolescence: a single center, long-term follow-up study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 95:109-17. PMID: 19897682