About our Biobank
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS RESEARCH?
We are collecting blood samples and information about your health to understand the causes and risk factors for COVID-19 and its complications.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
You are eligible to participate IF:
- You have or had flu- like symptoms
- You have undergone, or you will
- undergo, a COVID-19 nasal swab test
- You are a Canadian Citizen, permanent
- resident , or landed immigrant .
IF YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE:
- We will ask you a few quest ions about your health. The quest ions will take a few minutes.
- Then, we will coordinate the blood draw for the research study.
- Later, we may call you for further follow-up.
How will the information collected be used?
The McGill Clinical Genomics Biobank will undertake genetic studies and other health research studies. All of this data will be identified by a code and remain confidential. We intend to share this data with qualified researchers in academia and industry, after approval, to support studies that help to improve understanding of risk factors, causes of diseases, prediction of drug responses and improvement of clinical care in COVID-19 infection.
For the latest information on McGill's response to COVID-19, please visit the Coronavirus Information website.
Biobanque Québec COVID-19 Data Release 3
The JGH Site of the Biobanque Québec COVID-19 (bqc19.ca) has collected samples and/or data from over 1428 individuals. The following data from BQC19 JGH site participants will be released in the third data release for use by approved investigators:
- Clinical variables on available individuals: ~1428
- Genome-wide genotyping data on available individuals: 1232
- Whole genome sequence data on available individuals: 1106
- SomaLogic proteomic data generated on 800 samples, collected longitudinally on 378 individuals
This data release process will be managed by The McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity (MI4) and is being released rapidly to enable COVID-19 research.
Applications for access to data are encouraged from investigators at academic institutions, within industry and from all countries.
Interested parties should fill out the Access Form and send to bcq19imi4.med [at] mcgill.ca
Biobanque Québec COVID-19 JGH Site Second Samples Release
We are pleased to announce the availability of biological samples from the Jewish General Hospital site of the Biobanque Québec COVID19 (BQC19) for use by researchers at academic institutions, within industry and from all countries. The JGH site has collected PBMC samples from 890 individuals at different time points (for a total of 1472 samples) and Plasma samples from 1317 individuals at different time points (for a total of 2304 samples) who were tested with SARS-CoV-2 nasal swabs at the JGH.
The JGH has elected to share these samples with researchers through the MI4 program, which will use an independent, external peer review committee to decide how to use these samples.
Please send your completed application to the following email address: bcq19imi4.med [at] mcgill.ca
Contact information for questions:
Email:coordinator-richardslab [at] mcgill.ca
Phone: (514) 340-8222 ext. 8565 or 8380