Dr. Volker Blank
Professor - Department of Medicine, Division of Experimental Medicine
Senior Investigator, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research
Cancer, Hematopoiesis, Transcription factors
1. Analysis of the role of cap 'n' collar (CNC) transcription factors in mammalian gene regulation, stress response and tumorigenesis.
2. Regulation of small Maf transcription factors by cytokines.
Currently accepting graduate students (MSc, PhD) and postdoctoral fellows
Please send application, including cover letter, detailed CV, (education, publications, etc.), transcripts and coordinates of 3 references to volker.blank [at] mcgill.ca
1. Stringent control of NFE2L3 (Nuclear Factor, Erythroid 2-Like 3; NRF3) protein degradation by FBW7 (F-box/WD Repeat-containing Protein 7) and glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3). Journal of Biological Chemistry 2015, 290: 26292-302, 2015.
2. Thioredoxin-interacting protein regulates the differentiation of murine erythroid precursors. Gasiorek JJ, Mikhael M, Garcia-Santos D, Hui ST, Ponka P, Blank V. Exp Hematol. 2015 May;43(5):393-403.
3. The small MAF transcription factors MAFF, MAFG and MAFK: current knowledge and perspectives. Kannan MB, Solovieva V, Blank V. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012 Oct;1823(10):1841-6.
4. Nfe2l3 (Nrf3) deficiency predisposes mice to T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Chevillard G, Paquet M, Blank V. Blood. 2011 Feb 10;117(6):2005-8.