MUPP - Part A (hybrid) Information Session (hybrid session)
Intended for members of Part A (hybrid segment) of the McGill University Pension Plan (joined prior to January 1, 2009).
We recommend that, if possible, members of Part A attend this session before attending a Settlement Options Information Session. **If you attained age 65 prior to August 2020 or already settled your defined benefit holdings, you should not register for this session as the defined benefit minimum provisions no longer apply in these cases.
What we will cover:
- Defined Contribution vs Defined Benefit
- Defined Benefit Minimum provision of the MUPP
- Defined Benefit Minimum Supplement
- Settlement options of the Supplement: Supplemental Retirement Benefit (pension) & Supplemental Retirement Benefit Value (transfer value)
How to prepare for the Part A session:
- Go to the Sun Life secure site – www.mcgill.ca/hr/pensions/mupp/mupp-login
- Once logged in, go to MUPP - Part A (hybrid) -> Defined Benefit Overview
- Print or take a screenshot of your information to refer to during the session
- To register, please login to Minerva.
- In the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Pension Management, and follow the instructions to register either to attend virtually or to attend in person (space is limited)