Join this information session to learn more about our Invention to Impact Training Program. The McGill Engine's Associate Director will walk you through the program details, benefits, eligibility and answer any questions you have.
Register Now! Once your register a zoom link will be emailed to you.
- Information Session: March 30th, 2021 from 5:30-6:30 PM EST
- Application deadline – April 11, 2021 @ 11:59pm (ET)
- Decisions made by Engine team and applicants advised by April 26, 2021.
- Program duration: May 3 to July 9, 2021, weekly online classes held every Wednesday, 4-6pm.
Our new I-to-I program provides tools and training to support researchers to translate their fundamental research to the marketplace and have their solutions benefit society. Through this 10-week training program offered during the summer, researchers can reduce the time to translate a promising idea from the laboratory to the marketplace as they will acquire the mindset, knowledge, and skills necessary to translate their knowledge into technology commercialization and startup ventures.
The teaching curriculum integrates;
- scientific discovery and commercial applications using an evidence-based and data-driven methodology, namely, the Lean Startup methodology
- hands-on experiential learning through customer and industry discovery
- online training platform called Empowered Startups that uses the Lean Canvas tool
- flipped classroom setting in order to maximize peer-to-peer learning via student discussion moderated by the co-instructors and mentors present