The rise and growth of the internet has created massive opportunities for marketers, but countless challenges too. Customers today are more knowledgeable, empowered and skeptical than ever, and audiences are fragmented; gone are the days when you can reach a massive audience with one message. With so many ads, promotions, apps, media and platforms vying for their attention, it’s harder than ever for your message to get through. Yet never before has it been possible to reach so many people around the world in moments, at such low cost, with personalized messages, interactive communication, and vivid experiences that impact in ways traditional advertising never thought possible.
But what does the future hold?
During this panel discussion with leading digital marketers, we will explore the future of digital marketing and advertising, tackling questions like:
- How has the pandemic changed how consumers and businesses behave and buy online? What can we expect as vaccines roll out and life returns to normal?
- With the rise of countless new platforms and technologies, what do marketers need to know to created campaigns that get attention and make an impact?
- How will AI and machine learning change the practice of marketing?
- What opportunities does the future hold for marketers with the right mix of knowledge and skills?
- What does a future-proof marketing strategy look like?
- How will voice search and image search impact marketing strategy in the next 5 years?
- What skills do digital marketers needs to succeed in the next 1, 3, 5 or 10 years?
- The role of equity, diversity and inclusion in the future of digital marketing
- Thomas Hormaza , Agile Marketing Expert, Scrum Master, Marketing Instructor at Concordia University
- Aditi Dixit, Director Marketing Communications at Futurpreneur Canada
- Tarek Riman, Head of Marketing Analytics and Technology at Globalvision, Best Selling Author, Marketing Instructor at McGill University
- Michael Malz, Director of Product and Marketing at GlobalVision
Host: David Kynan, Associate Director of Marketing and Communications at the McGill School of Continuing Studies