CIRM-AIEQ Mobility Grants aim to stimulate research on Montréal in an interdisciplinary perspective at the national and international levels. They are awarded annually by CIRM and the Association internationale des études québécoises (AIEQ) to CIRM members presenting a paper abroad or living outside of the province and wanting to pursue their research in Montréal, to the most stimulating proposals with regards to CIRM's mission.
> Deadline for the submission of applications: March 7, 2019
- The candidate must be a member of CIRM and AIEQ, or have applied to become one;
- For participation in a conference, the candidate must be the first author of the paper;
- The paper must be unpublished;
- Eligible expenses: travel expenses, registration fees for the conference, accommodation expenses (accommodation and daily allowance).
To submit your application, please provide the following information to stephan.gervais [at] mcgill.ca (Stéphan Gervais) before March 7, 2019:
- A short resume;
- For a conference in the province of Quebec or abroad, a cover letter that mentions the following elements: title of presentation, location and date of presentation, event framework, relevance of this scientific event, benefits anticipated;
- For a research project at CIRM, a letter of presentation that mentions the following elements: title of the research project, date and length of stay, relevance of this stay for the research project and expected benefits.
- The scope of the conference: Is the meeting of international scope and bringing together university researchers from several institutions?
- Selection methods: Has the communication been accepted by a peer committee or is it a conference following an invitation from the organizing committee composed of peers?
- Consistency with CIRM's mandate: Does the paper relate to Montreal and does it allow for the involvement of local partners?
- Overall quality of the project;
- Coherence of the project with CIRM's mandate;
- Relevance of the project with CIRM's structuring research projects;
- Impact and professional impact of the project for the candidate;
- Impact and repercussions of the project for local partners.
Seyed H. Chavoshi