Here to help
If you've read through the information on this site and you're still uncertain about what you need to do, don't worry — it's completely normal for first-year students to seek assistance and advice as they register for courses. In fact, it may be a good idea for you to seek advice whether you think you need it or not.
Where you can go for help:
- For information about courses, program requirements, deadlines and procedures, consult McGill's program calendars.
- If you need help with Minerva or make a mistake while registering, click the "Help" link at the top right corner of the Minerva page.
- The Faculty of Science has developed a guide to common registration issues in Minerva, which applies to students in all programs. Check it out!
- Contact a McGill academic advisor. Check here to see what kind of advisor you need for a given question, and then use the directory to get in touch.
- If you're still stumped about who to talk to, Ask an Advisor can help! Submit your academic advising questions to Ask an Advisor and you’ll receive a response within 48 hours. If we can’t answer your questions, we’ll make sure to refer you to the right person or place!
- During McGill business hours, you can call the Minerva Help Line at 514-398-7878 or drop by the Service Point office.