Here to help
If you've read through the information on this site and you're still uncertain about what you need to do, don't worry — it's completely normal for students to seek assistance and advice as you register for courses and plan your degree. In fact, it may be a good idea for you to seek advice whether you think you need it or not!
Where you can go for help:
- For information about courses, program requirements, various deadlines and administrative procedures, consult McGill's program eCalendars.
- If you need help with Minerva or make a mistake while registering, click the "Help" link at the top right corner of the Minerva page.
- The Faculty of Science has developed a guide to common registration issues in Minerva, which applies to students in all programs. Check it out!
- Contact an academic advisor. Check to see what kind of advisor you should consult for a given question or issue, and then use the Advisor Directory to find the needed contact information.
- If you're still stumped about who to talk to or which office can address your question, Ask an Advisor can help. Submit your academic advising questions to Ask an Advisor and you’ll receive an answer or referral to the right person or place within 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays).
- During McGill business hours, you can call the Minerva Help Line at 514-398-7878 or drop by the Service Point office.