Research Advisory Council
Overview and context
The Research Advisory Council (RAC) is the primary advising body to the Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations) (VPRIR) and is consulted on University-wide research dossiers under the portfolio of Research and International activities at McGill.
Chaired by the VPRIR, the members of RAC provide feedback, advice and recommendations to the VPRIR on strategic and operational dossiers including (but not limited to): development of policy and procedures; strategic research planning; resource allocation, such as internal funding programs; processes for research administration; and development projects, such as the Strategic Reframing Initiative. Learn more >>
- Philip Barker, Chair, Division of Neuroscience, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital; and Chair, Innovation Steering Committee
- Julie Cumming, Associate Dean (Research and Administration), Schulich School of Music
- James Engle-Warnick, Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Studies), Faculty of Arts
- Subhasis Ghoshal, Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
- Rose Goldstein, RAC Chair; and Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations)
- Philippe Gros, Vice-Dean, Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine; and Coordinator, Health Research and Innovation, Research and International Relations
- Peter Grütter, Chair, Department of Physics; and Coordinator, Engineering and Science Research and Innovation, Research and International Relations
- Allan Hepburn, Chair, Department of English, Faculty of Arts
- Suha Jabaji, Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Education), Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Jan Jorgensen, Associate Provost (Academic Staff and Faculty Affairs)
- Victoria Kaspi, Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Education), Faculty of Science
- Torrance Kirby, Director, Centre for Research on Religion, Faculty of Religious Studies
- Martin Kreiswirth, Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Bruce Lennox, Tomlinson Professor of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
- Rod McInnes , Lady Davis Research Institute, Jewish General Hospital
- Marc D. McKee, Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Dentistry
- Frédéric Mégret, Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Law
- Claudia Mitchell, Department of Integrated Studies in Education, Faculty of Education
- Showan Nazhat, Associate Dean (Research and Graduate Education), Faculty of Engineering
- Marianna Newkirk, Associate Dean (Research), Faculty of Medicine
- Vassilios Papadopoulos (delegate: Brian Ward), MUHC
- Dilson Rassier, Interim Dean, Faculty of Education
- Saibal Ray, Associate Dean (Research and International Relations), Desautels Faculty of Management
- Sarah Stroud, Associate Vice-Principal (Research and International Relations)
- Gustavo Turecki, Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital
Three new representatives of PGSS will be appointed in September 2013.
Meetings for Academic Year 2013-14
- September 25, 2013; 2-4 p.m.
- November 13, 2013; 2-4 p.m.
- January 14, 2014; 2-4 p.m.
- February 25, 2014; 2-4 p.m.
- April 9, 2014; 2-4 p.m.
- May 28, 2014, 2-4 p.m.
If you have questions about RAC, please contact linda [dot] rice [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Linda Rice) in Research and International Relations.