Newly Admitted Students - Concurrent B.Mus/B.Ed
English Exam for Teacher Certification
All students are required to register for the English Exam for Teacher Certification (EDEC 215) in the Fall term of their first year (U1 year) in the program. Please refer to the English Language Requirement section of the Student Affairs Office website for details.
For individual advising appointments or questions regarding registration, please see contact information below or contact the Music Department.
- BMus-BEd students should also attend both the Schulich School of Music and Faculty of Education orientation activities as listed in the McGill Welcome Book .
- The concurrent BMus-BEd program is shared by the Faculty of Education and the Schulich School of Music. It is designed to provide students with the opportunity to obtain a Bachelor of Music (Major in Music Education) degree and a Bachelor of Education (Music) degree.
- The concurrent program prepares students to become specialist teachers in music at both the elementary and secondary school levels.
- Students will normally do their first field experience in the Spring, immediately following the Winter term.
- BMus-BEd advising documents:
Note: Students entering a 174 credit program (Year 0) must follow the Freshman Year Profile specific to their program. See the eCalendar for the Freshman course list.
To ensure timely completion of your program, students are advised to follow the sequence of courses as outlined in these advising documents.
- Further program advising materials are available on the Web site of the Schulich School of Music.
Dr. Caroline Riches
Integrated Studies in Education
Faculty of Education
Tel.: (514) 398-5793
Department of Music Research
Schulich School of Music
Strathcona Music Building
TEl.: (514) 398-0693
Program information is organized into three distinct groups: