Orientation and Group Advising Sessions:
Group advising sessions are held for all new students admitted in the Fall. The sessions provide an overview of the program and guidance on course selection. All students are urged to attend. For additional questions, individual appointments can be scheduled with the advisers after classes begin. Please do not call the Department to confirm your attendance or absence.
For all newly admitted students:
10:00pm - Friday, August 31, 2012 - Strathcona Music Building
For individual advising appointments or questions regarding registration, please see contact information below or contact the Music Department.
- BMus-BEd students should also attend both the Schulich School of Music and Faculty of Education orientation activities as listed in the McGill Welcome Book .
- The concurrent BMus-BEd program is shared by the Faculty of Education and the Schulich School of Music. It is designed to provide students with the opportunity to obtain a Bachelor of Music (Major in Music Education) degree and a Bachelor of Education (Music) degree.
- The concurrent program prepares students to become specialist teachers in music at both the elementary and secondary school levels.
- Students will normally do their first field experience in the Spring, immediately following the Winter term.
- All newly admitted students should register for the First Year Profile found under Program Information below.
- BMus-BEd advising documents:
(Updated advising information will be available
Students entering a 174 credit program (Year 0) must follow the Freshman Year Profile specific to their program.
To ensure timely completion of your program, students are advised to follow the sequence of courses as outlined in these advising documents.
- Further program advising materials are available on the Web site of the Schulich School of Music.
- More detailed information about this program may be obtained from the eCalendar.
Dr. Caroline Riches
Integrated Studies in Education
Faculty of Education
Tel.: (514) 398-5793
Department of Music Research
Schulich School of Music
Strathcona Music Building
TEl.: (514) 398-0693
Program information is organized into three distinct groups:
Prospective Students Newly Admitted Currently Registered