Use your McGill Username and McGill Password to log in to the AMLF computers.
Save files on your personal drive (a.k.a. the P: drive).
- Food and drink are NOT permitted in the laboratories.
- Jackets must be left on the coat hooks provided.
- Cellular phones are NOT permitted in the hallway or laboratories.
- Noise in the lab should be kept at a minimum level suited to a research and recording environment.
Everyone is urged to review the policy on Responsible Use of McGill Information Technology Resources. The AMLF subscribes to these rules and will apply them.
When headsets are required for work in the AMLF labs, please follow these instructions.
Instructors and students are encouraged to purchase their headsets at the following location:
McGill University Bookstore
3420 McTavish Street
Toll free: 1-800-362-0320
Email: bookstore [at] mcgill [dot] ca (McGill Bookstore)
Students are encouraged to purchase a headset during the first week of classes.
The Plantronics Audio 355 Multimedia PC Headsets sold at the Bookstore have been tested and approved for use with the hardware and software installed at the AMLF. The purchase price will be $24.99, plus taxes, as long as supplies last.
USB headsets will also work at the AMLF. We recommend the Plantronics Audio 655 USB Stereo Headset, also available at the McGill Bookstore.
Disclaimer: Voice recordings for exams and assignments must be of high quality. We therefore urge students to buy the recommended headset model. The Plantronics headsets have a one-year manufacturer warranty against defects. No exchanges will be honoured for headsets broken through the purchaser's neglect. The AMLF is not responsible for lost or stolen headsets.
PROCEDURES FOR TESTS
You MUST visit the AMLF at least once prior to a test in order to familiarize yourself with the procedures. Failure to do this will mean that you will not be allowed to take the test.
Please verify your login accounts prior to any exam or test at the AMLF. Failure to follow this directive will result in considerable delays and time loss during the test.
AMLF regulations during testing:
- All cell phones and communication devices are to be turned off and placed in your bags.
- All coats, bags, books, and notes are to be placed by the wall of the test room.
- An instructor or invigilator must be present during the test.
- Only test material is to be open during the test.
- Unless otherwise stated by the instructor, dictionaries, pens, pencils, and paper, are not permitted.
- Students may not use or attempt to use any unauthorized source of information.
- Students must stop and logoff computers when instructed to do so by the teacher or invigilator.
- A student found guilty of cheating or attempting to cheat is liable for expulsion from the University (Section 16, Code of Student Conduct and Disciplinary Measures).