Experimental Surgery : The process of surgical innovation and acquisition of hands-on skills necessary to work within a multi-disciplinary team in the creation of a novel, need driven, and marketable prototype used in the care of the surgical patient. This is the first of a 3 part course introducing concepts and performing needs analyses.
Terms: Fall 2021
Instructors: Barralet, Jake; Mwale, Fackson (Fall)
Corequisite(s): EXSU 619
Prerequisite(s): Permission of instructors.
Restriction(s): Course requires entry to surgical theatre; this is subject to hospital approval.
1) Students may be subject to interview.
2) Contact hours 46.5 , 31.5 hours lectures, 15 hours workshops and hospital visits.
3) Language of instruction: English, French available.
4) Minimum number 6, maximum 30
5) Subject to completion of medical requirements/immunization record.
6) Professional conduct and dress required at all times in hospital visits when in potential contact with patients.