Developing methods and tools, identifying and measuring causal factors and effects, predicting health outcomes and evaluating interventions are at the core of our research initiatives.
We bring together investigators from diverse disciplinary backgrounds who develop new quantitative, qualitative and interdisciplinary methods for the study of the determinants of health and of the impact of public health and clinical interventions on the health and well-being of populations worldwide, to:
- Reduce health disparities in Canada and globally
- Improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and populations through the life cycle
- Create efficient curative and preventive health systems
- Build healthy, sustainable environments and communities
- Develop novel public and population health research methods