Databases and Internet Resources for Jewish Studies
See full list
- Western Jewish History Center
- Internet Jewish History Sourcebook
- RAMBI (Recent Articles in Jewish Studies): This is a new address with excellent formatting and useful for all fields of Jewish Studies
- Institute of Contemporary Jewry (Hebrew University) studies the historical, social, economic, educational, religious and cultural aspects of contemporary Jewish life. Databases include:
- Bibliography of Contemporary Jewry
- Jewish Demography and Statistics Library Catalog
- Oral History Division Library
- Spielberg Jewish Film Archive
- Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew Manuscripts (Jewish National and University Library)
- Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies Bibliographic Database Index of articles, pamphlets and occasional publications on the Middle East published in English, French, and Arabic. Over 100,000 entries, searchable by title, author, keyword, or journal name. Results may be e-mailed.
- Jewish Arab Center (Haifa University)
- Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace/Library and Documentation Center Indexes books and articles on the Middle East, the Arab-Israeli Conflict, and Africa. The collection includes more than 1,500 periodical publications, such as journals, daily newspapers, yearbooks, and statistical data in European languages, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese.
- Union List of Serials in Israeli Libraries Lists over 96,000 different serial titles held by over 170 Israeli academic, special and public libraries.
- Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study of Antisemitism (Hebrew University) (Online Bibliography on Antisemitism)
- Jewish Roots of Eastern Christian mysticism. (Marquette University, Milwaukee, USA). The site explores the influence of Jewish Pseudepigrapha and Merkabah mysticism on eastern orthodox authors.
- Databases for Jewish Studies (including education, contemporary Jewry, law, social sciences, etc)
- Databases at Princeton (including education, contemporary Jewry, law, social sciences, etc)
- Index to Hebrew Periodicals information from Haifa University
- Arutz 7 Radio Broadcasts
- Ha'aretz English Edition
- Haaretz (Hebrew edition)
- IsraeLive (Live Radio Broadcasts from Israel) Live radio broadcasts from Israel News, News Journals, Music, Talk shows, current events, and recorded shows. Radio Stations Include: Jerusalem Radio, Zafon Radio, KolRega Radio, 99FM radio,Darom Radio.
- Jerusalem Post, International Edition Israel's only English daily newspaper
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency International news service that provides up-to-the-minute reports, analysis pieces and features on events and issues of concern to the Jewish people.
- ynet is a part of Yedith Ahronoth which is, as you probably know, Israel's largest and leading daily newspaper. According to AC Nielsen net ratings, ynet is the most popular Israeli news site. Click here for the English version.
- JSIJ (Jewish Studies - an Internet Journal)
- Israeli and Jewish Mailing Lists and Usenet Groups (from Jewishnet)
- Instructions for Displaying Hebrew Script and Sifrei Kodesh
Visit our Internships page.